Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Plan of Action

For anyone that is taking their first look at this blog I suggest you take a quick scroll down to the "Welcome" post which highlights my personal reasons for starting up this movement.

In this post I want to give anyone interested a general idea of what my plans for this movement are- remember AARO is a goal in progress, I need YOUR help NOW to make this goal possible. If anyone is willing to give even a small amount of their time to start the ball rolling on this project I would be greatly indebted to you.

My idea for the AARO movement is that this not simply be a charity, or an activism or special interest group. Rather I wish this to be a conglomerate of various different levels of interaction that will allow for the Middle Eastern and American communities to develop a level of trust and interaction that will prove hopeful for a bright new future in the Middle East.

To start off with, I simply want this to be a forum for discussion, for enthusiasm and ideas about how we can pull the Arab and American communities together. We must focus on our similarities and shared beliefs, while celebrating and understanding each other's differences. In'shaallah with enough support and belief, funding can begin for either an independent charity or to aid an existing charity in helping the needy in the Middle East. However, we cannot forget that charity without further action is useless. Social, business and political connections must be made if we hope to truly bind the two communities together in a shared dream of peace and prosperity.

I am well aware that other institutions and movements are out there who share a common goal, Mideast Youth and the Center on American Islamic Relations come to mind. However, there are never too many outlets out there for our voice to be heard.

Until next time, ma'salaama

John Mahoney

No comments:

Post a Comment